I'm Fine with God...It's Christians I Can't Stand: Getting Past the Religious Garbage in the Search for Spiritual Truth by Bruce Bickel
Many non-Christians find the behavior of some Christians off-putting rather than inviting. Many Christians do too! Now Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz, authors of Knowing the Bible 101, take an unflinchingly honest and often humorous look at some believers' outlandish behavior. This candid assessment of the church will bridge the communication gap, empowering Christians to share their faith more freely and helping those who don't yet believe discover the truth about God without being distracted by...
- judgmental attitudes, hypocrisy, and condemnation
- confusing mixtures of politics and the gospel
- defensive positions in the "God vs. science" debate
- extreme teachings about prosperity
- unbalanced fixations on the end times
- uninformed opinions about others' beliefs
- unprofessional Christian media and entertainment
This refreshing call to authentic Christianity will help Christians and non-Christians get past the peripheral issues and communicate openly and honestly about God.
- 192 pages
- January 1, 2008
Publisher : Harvest House Publishers