Mark: The Messiah in Action (Jeremiah Bible Study Series)
Jesus is always at work and active...
Follow Dr. Jeremiah through the gospel of Mark in a chapter-by-chapter study that will help you understand what it meant to the people at the time it was written, and what it means to Christians today.
Mark's gospel was likely the first written record of the life of Jesus Christ, and it's full of energy and action. The word immediately appears so often in the text that it's hard not to get caught up in the pace of the narrative as Jesus moves to establish his kingdom in a way that was completely unanticipated.
However, Mark also begins his account with words from Isaiah the prophet, making it (immediately) clear that—had the religious leaders of the time been paying attention—they might have been a little more prepared for the arrival of the Messiah and for everything that happened next...
Each of this study's twelve lessons is clearly organized to include:
- Getting Started: An opening question to introduce you to the lesson.
- Setting the Stage: A short reflection to explain the context of the study.
- Exploring the Text: The Scripture reading for the lesson with related study questions.
- Reviewing the Story: Questions to help you identify key points in the reading.
- Applying the Message: Questions to help you apply the key ideas to their lives.
- Reflecting on the Meaning: A closing reflection on the key teachings in the lesson.
—ABOUT THE SERIES—
The Jeremiah Bible Study Series captures Dr. David Jeremiah's forty-plus years of commitment in teaching the Word of God. In each study, you'll gain insights into the text, identify key stories and themes, and be challenged to apply the truths you uncover to your life. By the end of each study, you'll come away with a clear and memorable understanding of that Bible book.
Each study also contains a Leader's Guide.