NKJV Comfort Print Ancient-Modern Bible, Cloth over Board, Gray
The writings of the early church fathers contain a treasury of wisdom. Subsequent Christian authors have built upon this rich foundation and produced priceless works as well. The NKJV Ancient-Modern Bible draws from the most profound works of Christian authors throughout the ages to create an incredible resource for the modern church. Experience the Word of God with fresh eyes, as members of the global and historical community of faith. This is a Bible two thousand years in the making.
- Full-color design
- Sacred art as inspired by the Bible through the centuries, including Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Rembrandt, Gustave Dore, Christian Rohlfs, and Makoto Fujimura.
- Cutting edge modern typography and layout
- Bible commentary from church thinkers past and present-from Huss to Keller, from Chrysostom to Spurgeon, from Aquinas to Wright
- Biographies of church leaders & thinkers
- Articles on significant historic councils, creeds, and controversies
- 8.5-point print size
- Thousands of verse-by-verse and passage-by-passage comments from the church's greatest teachers and thinkers
- Contributors include: John Calvin, Charles Spurgeon, Augustine, John Wesley, Timothy Keller, Matthew Henry, Billy Graham, A.W. Tozer, C.S. Lewis, Henry Halley, Martin Luther, N.T. Wright, Jack Hayford, John Bunyan, Eugene Peterson, Jerome, Warren Wiersbe, R.C. Sproul, Ulrich Zwingli, D.L Moody, William Tyndale, D.A. Carson, John Knox, Scot McKnight, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Soren Kierkegaard, and John Chrysostom